IT & Web Design
Currently working for Roku, looking after all aspects of IT for their European offices. Previous to this position I did some contracting for a short period alongside running my web design business & before that long term I was at Redgate Software. You can find out more on my full CV.
Senior IT - RokuAug 2017-Present
Sole responsibility for both the companies UK & Denmark office in all aspects of IT covering all areas;
- - End User Support (Primary Linux Based, Mac & Windows)
- - Hardware & Software Procurement
- - Purchasing & Asset Management
- - Network Maintenance & Improvements
- - Server Infrastructure
- - Office improvement projects
IT Contractor - IT GovernanceMay 2017- Aug 2017
Contracted IT Services to assist in rapid company growth & outstanding IT project delivery.
Current work so far;
- - Network Monitoring
- - Automating user software deployment
- - Office 365 Upgrades
- - Windows 10 Deployment
Services Desk Analyst - Red Gate Software2011-2017
I started working at Red Gate as an IT Support Technician, progressing into a Service Desk Analyst role. In this role I was supporting a user base of ~300 Users in 3 worldwide locations. During my time here I had / shared areas of responsibility that included;
- - Windows Client Support (XP/7/8/8.1/10)
- - Apple Mac Client Support
- - Mobile Device Support (iOS/Android/BlackBerry)
- - MS Office 2010/2013/365
- - Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Support
- - MS Active Directory Admin
- - MS Exchange Admin (2007/2010/365)
- - Windows Hyper-V & SCVMM 2012 R2 Support (Also VMWare Based VM’s)
- - MS SCCM (2007/2012R2) (Programs, Task Sequences/PXE Boot, Self-Service Portal)
- - Avaya Phone System Management (Including Redbox Call Recording Systems)
- - Shortel Phone System Management
- - Network Infrastructure Maintenance
- - Office Printer Maintenance & Support
- - Desktop (Windows & Mac) Software Installation & Support
- - Desktop/Laptop Hardware Installation & Support
- - Audio Visual Support for Company Meeting Rooms
- - Web Dev & Design for Internal Resources (e.g. Dashboards, Interactive Seating plans)
- - Documentation Creation for internal Resources (Wiki, SharePoint, Confluence)
- - Hardware & Software Asset Management (Snow Inventory & MS Access)
- - Training new staff & temp contractors for 1st & 2nd line support.
- - IT presentations & training sessions to company staff.
- - Service Desk Management & Reporting (Supportworks & ZenDesk)In this role I also delivered on upgrade projects such as;
- OS Upgrades Windows 7 -> 8.1 -> 10
- MS Office 2010 -> 2013 -> 365
- Phone System Replacement – Avaya -> ShoreTel
- MS SCCM Upgrade – 2007 -> 2012R2
- Meeting Room AV Replacements
- Intranet Replacement – SharePoint -> Confluence
- Service Desk Management – Supportworks -> ZenDesk
IT Technician - Smart Computing2011-2011
While working as an IT Technician I was involved in other areas such as brand design of the company as well as setting up their initial website & giving training to other employees on how to update the website before I left. This role was general IT Support & Repairs, main customer base was Students from CRC (Cambridge Regional College) so this included a range of Computers, Laptops, SmartPhones / Mobile devices.
Smart Computing was an organization within Cambridge Regional College
Part time helping on a home building project over 4 years, during this time I was involved in parts of the construction such as;
- - Heavy Machinery Operator (Excavators, Dumper Trucks & Road Rollers)
- - Scaffolding
- - Brick Laying
- - Insulation
- - Structural IP Network Wiring
- - Roofing / Tiling
- - Landscaping
- - Painting & Decorating
- - CCTV System Installation
Qualifications & Education
First Aid In The Workplace2017
ITIL Foundation V32017
During my 2 & 1/2 year apprenticeship I completed all 4 parts of CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate ) This included covering areas such as;
- - Routing & Switching fundamentals
- - TCP/IP and OSI models
- - IP addressing
- - Configuring IOS devices
- - Switched networks & VLANs
- - Network troubleshooting
Level 3 Apprenticeship - IT Professional (Red Gate)2011-14
BTEC National for IT Practitioners Level 32009-11
This was a 2 year course I did at CRC (Cambridge Regional College) Results for this qualification;
- - Merit
- - Merit
- - Pass
Witchford Village College - Results for these qualifications;
- - 7 A-C's (Including English, Maths & Science
My Interests / Hobbies
My interests include; Clay Shooting (ex-Junior County Champion for multiple disciplines), Rifle / Target Shooting, Car Track days & Vehicle modifications ,Paintball, Go Karting, Swimming & Cycling – One of my Achievements is cycling from Cambridge Paris in 4 days to help raise over £10k for local charities.
From working on my own cars (some for track racing), family & friends cars I have gained a great deal of experience in fixing mechanical & electrical issues, we have our own CNC machine at home which I have designed & machined custom parts & replacement parts (rather than buying or trying to find some of the harder to source parts) I have a good amount of experience MIG welding, along with melting & casting metalwork using my home furnace.
I also have an interest in green technology for home projects, I have installed solar panels at home, designed & wired a control panel/power meter board to monitor the panels & batteries – Currently we use the solar power to fully power a summer house which has its own TV, games console, led lights (inside & outside for garden lighting), USB ports for mobile device charging & the power is also used for our pond filter systems. Along with the solar power we also have a rain water harvesting system which is used for garden watering.
Solar Energy I have a keen interest in Solar Energy, I have designed & installed an off-grid solar power outbuildings & garden lighting on the property. The current systems capacity is 5.5Kwh & I plan to expand it further to other areas or buildings of the property. The design of the system has gone through a few phases as it has been upgraded & I now have it setup in a duel sync (simultaneous charging) redundancy method (duel power delivery network) – Which came in use when our street had a power outage for over 24hrs, I was able to move half of the system indoors to power lights, TV & other appliances without effecting the systems operation in the outbuildings location.
My other interests have been running my own online community websites under the “2047” prefix name. Although, recently I have discontinued active development on certain areas due to other personal time constraints, these include running sites for;
Game Server & VPS Hosting (2047Servers) – For ~4years, I started up an online Game Server provider with at its peak having over 250 clients across the globe providing over 1,000 individual game servers. This is where I gained a huge amount of my Linux, Customer Service, Sales & Support experience.
PC Gaming Community (2047Games) – My Original group I setup, for this site I created Video Game videos to post on my YouTube channel. Since I started in 2006 I have receive over 1.25 Million views, along with over 3,000 Subscribers & 5,000+ Social Network Fans.
Video Animation & Media Design (2047FX) – One of the smallest side sites, with this I offered out my design experience to the online community as a form of promotion. From this I gained a great deal of experience with Graphic design work & 3D Animation (Sony Vegas & Cinema 4D)
Web Design (2047WebDesign) – Another site I originally setup to show off some of my web design work I have done for a range of clients (mainly local businesses e.g. Endless-Creations) Furthermore, taking on the responsibilities of managing, updating and further developing the overall business has been a personal accomplishment. I have learnt to improve my skills with HTML, CSS, PHP & MySQL.
Game Server Control Panel (2047GCP) A cancelled project (due to selling 2047Servers) so no longer needed - This project was redeveloping an open source server control panel to be used to manage game servers as part of the game server provision service I was offering. This required allot of scripting & setting up automation to deploy game server configs & services on a host machine with a few clicks via a web control panel - reducing the manual effort of having to provision game server services.
Providing local web design for local businesses. Custom designs to fit your business, organization or social groups.
All our web design services includes the domain name, web hosting, email hosting, monthly updates & site statistics as standard.
Discounted web design services to non-profits or charity status organizations.
Please get in touch to work out details. firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Featured Design Portfolio2014-Present
Endless Creations – A home, gift & floral retailer based on Lancaster Way Business Park in Cambridgeshire.
2016 Redesign & 2017 updates included expansion of site to include a wider range of products across more categories over the site. Additional functionality of customer accounts & a reward points system based on customer loyalty. Part of the redesign included a new logo, more promotions & marketing content & mobile optimization.2016-Present
Sutton Coach Works – A Cambridge based car body shop that provides a wide range of automotive services from servicing, repair work, paint & bodywork.
New website to promote the type of work that Sutton Coach Works is capable of providing, showing off examples of their damage repair work & custom paint jobs across a wide range of cars they have worked on.2017-Present
Ely Museum – Ely Museum tells the history of Ely and the surrounding area from prehistory to the twentieth century across two floors of permanent displays and a programme of changing temporary exhibitions.
A new website to cater for the high demand of visitors visiting Ely & it's many attractions, the museum is a popular tourist destination for the city & a modern website was needed to promote what they have on display.